Friday 11 December 2009

Another day another bus

I'm heading for Cheshire this weekend, to Oulton Park racing circuit near Winsford, where I shall have the pleasure of declaring an old bus open for business.


Not just any old bus! This is one London's fine Routemasters entering a whole new phase of life as a mobile fundraising HQ for St Luke's Cheshire Hospice.


It's a great story. The Bentley Motor Company, based in Crewe, have been finding things a little quiet in these recessionary times. Rather than lose their skilled technicians, Bentley have encouraged and enabled them to put their talents to work for the benefit of the wider community. Something like 2000 man hours have been poured into restoring, refurbishing and adapting this bus.

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing what they've done with the interior. I know Bentley's famous Leatherwork is on display. I'll report further when I've seen it for myself.

Oulton Park, this Sunday morning at around 1030. Official launch of the bus AND I get to start the charity Santa Dash. Marvellous! If you're in the area, come and find us.

No comments: